Friday, April 3, 2009

Definately not SoCal!



This is a good example of what I had to work through in boot camp. At times it was 20-30 below zero with the wind factor. Not fun...

I heard that it's actually unusual for snow this late in the season and this will probably be the last. These were taken on the morning of 3/28/09. This morning, April 4th. I heard some movement to my left by a small recreation area by my barracks and when I looked over, there was a lone deer looking through our garbage. I'll keep my camera with me in the mornings so hopefully I can snap some pics of them. It's not rare to see them, I've seen whole families. The clock tower is at the center of the base, which I actually call a campus. This place is really just a campus for the Navy's new sailors. The complex has been training sailors since 1911 and this is the original building.

1 comment:

Karryboo73 said...

Thomas!!!! You look great in snow! I am so proud of your good grades and miss you deerly(haha!). Sorry,I haven't called you lately. I can't wait to talk to you. Love you, Kerry